Volunteers of America MN - Southwest Senior Center
The Southwest Senior Center, a service of the Minnesota chapter of Volunteers of America, is a place that gives life to those in life's later stages. Activities in its for-pay adult day program are structured to provide safety, transportation and lunch to seniors whose caregiver needs a break. With a computer lab and an exercise room, its services are based on the latest research and focused on brain and physical health. A free full-time social worker is on staff to advise seniors on insurance, social security, medicare or caregiver issues.
- Fax: 612-822-0627
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 3pm; Sat, Sun, closed.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1976
- What makes this community special?: It's a very friendly place for people to be active and engaged in health and education programs.
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Scope: National
- Type: Health and Disability, Senior citizens
- Payments accepted: Cash, Personal Check
- Insurance accepted: Annual membership fee is a suggested donation of $10.
- Appointments: Walk-in accepted
- Affiliations: Volunteers of America
- Free consultation: Yes
- Financial assistance: Patients w/o insurance
- Services: Physical therapy
- Features: Off-site activities, On-site activities
- Capacity: 50