This was the very first Turtle Bread Company, founded in 1996. It is now just one part of a growing dynasty of local eateries owned by Harvey McLain. This deli, bakery and specialty grocery has high ceilings, big windows, lots of tables and a comfortable, Old World feel. Choose from a diverse and plentiful selection of sandwiches, cakes, cheeses and other items. Turtle Bread adjoins its sister restaurant, Trattoria Tosca.
- Hours: Daily, 6:30am - 8pm
- Handicap Accessible: The front entrance is sidewalk-level.
- Founding Date: 1996
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Artisan bread, desserts and pastries. Deli-style breakfast and lunch. Coffee, tea and espresso. Cold beverages. Dips, spreads, relish, olives, preserves, specialty cheeses, marinades, spice rubs and more.
- Food & dining options: Kosher, Vegan, Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in, Phone orders, Prepared foods, Take-out
- Menu link: www.turtlebread.com/home/DeliAndDining/
- Specialties: Artisan bread, desserts and pastries
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: free
- Private events: Yes
- Items: Coffee, Newspapers/magazines, Pastry, Sandwiches made to order, Soda