The Fun Sisters Boutique
From gaudy to glitzy, Fun Sisters offers a variety of accessories for women of all ages. The store is owned by Ashley Skiba, her sister and her mother. The three women also run five other branch stores throughout the Twin Cities region, but the Nicollet Avenue store, just blocks from where Ashley and her sister grew up, is the main location.
While The Fun Sisters specializes in eye-catching purses, it also sells unique scarves, jewelry and even rhinestone-studded hip flasks. The boutique also repairs zippers and offers free "glitter makeovers" for nights out on the town. Through November of 2010, the store will be undergoing renovation and is only open the second weekend of every month, so call ahead for available hours.
- Hours: Fun Sisters Boutique is open the second weekend of every month. Regular hours will resume after 11/10: Wed - Fri, 10am - 8pm; Sat, 10am - 7pm; Sun, noon - 5pm
- Handicap Accessible: The store is located at street level.
- Founding Date: 2001
- Payments accepted: Cash, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Scarves, makeup, purses, jewelry, hair accessories, clothes
- Services: Gift certificates, Repair, Shipping
- Return policy: Purchases can be exchanged within 90 days with receipt.
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Parking: On-street: free
- Private events: Yes
- What makes this community special?: "The area around here is very eclectic. There are a lot of great vintage stores and places where you can find hidden treasures."
- What's your most popular item?: Purses