There's barely room to breathe in this barbecue joint, but if you are one of the two lucky customers who can grab a table, you could spend hours looking at the vintage movie posters, action figures and other memorabilia that covers every inch of the walls. The restaurant is a favorite with locals who drop in for the cheap pork and steak sandwiches.
- Hours: Wed - Fri, 11am - 9pm; Sat, 12pm - 9pm; Sun - Tue, closed
- Handicap Accessible: This building is located at street level.
- Founding Date: 1990.
- Payments accepted: Cash, Personal Check
- General services: Eat-in, Take-out
- Menu link: scottjamamas.com/
- Specialties: Pork or steak sandwiches
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: free
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: "We see a lot of the same people," says manager Chris Freeman. "It's a hard-working community with nice people—not as wild as uptown."
- Cuisine: American, Barbecue
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: The BBQ pork sandwich is almost 12 ounces of meat for under $5.
- Price level: $
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Number of tables: 2
- Features: Dinner, Lunch
- Atmosphere: Fun