Ramsey International Fine Arts Center
Located near Washburn High School in the Tangletown neighborhood of Southwest Minneapolis, Ramsey is one of two arts magnet schools in Minneapolis. In addition to standard academic courses, the school boasts healthy programs for music, visual arts and performing arts. Student productions, include an award-winning orchestra, often draw audiences of proud family members.
- Fax: 612-668-4050
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9:40am - 4:10pm
- Founding Date: 1931
- Number of students: 907
- Public/Private: Public
- How engaged is the school with the community?: There are many volunteer opportunities for family members, including support for students' art productions.
- What makes this community special?: The school takes the arts seriously, even maintaining partnerships with local art groups or hosting artists-in-residence.
- Grade levels: K - 8
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Computer lab, Language lab, Library, Science lab
- Extracurricular activities available: Band, orchestra, choir, dance, theater, some sports and an environmental program
- Uniforms: No
- Student clubs: Chess, jazz band, dance, math, media and Spanish