Hwa Rang Do Minneapolis Academy
The Korean art of Hwa Rang Do may not be as well known as Tae Kwon Do, but according to instructor Dylan Sirny, it's one of the most comprehensive systems of self-defense available. The entire system includes strikes, grappling, kicking, and acrobatics and has more than 100 different weapons. A variety of classes are held every evening for children as young as 3 up through adults. Check its website for more details about upcoming seminars and monthly specials.
- Fax: (612) 824-5428
- Hours: Several classes are available, as well as private lessons. More detailed schedule information is available at www.hwarangdominneapolis.com/schedule.html
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Founding Date: 2000
- What makes this community special?: "It's a good neighborhood with a lot of great families and lots of kids," says instructor Dylan Sirny.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Discounts: Volume/season
- Membership info: A variety of different memberships are available; come in and we can give you a tour and discuss what we can do for you.
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Private events: Yes
- Number of classes/week: 20
- Average class size: 15
- Number of instructors: 4
- Approx. male-to-female ratio: 40% female/60% male
- Uses ranking system: Yes
- Uses weight classification: No
- Participates in competitions: Yes
- What is the school's training philosophy?: Mission: To be a high quality, full feature “House of the Way” for both children and adults to pursue the Hwa Rang Do Tradition to its fullest potential, and in turn, create positive change within ourselves and the world around us.