This small neighborhood hardware store has been around since the 1930s. Guse is known around the neighborhood not only for its tools and home repair supplies, but also for being a dog-friendly store where owners can come in with their pets and grab a free treat. Be sure to find Chloe, the half-Pekingese, half-poodle that sleeps behind the counter.
Guse also does service calls, repairs screens and windows and offers a sharpening service. The shop is currently the only hardware store in the state to carry Revamp Advanced Repair Technologies, a new epoxy resin used for wood repair.
- Handicap Accessible: This business is located at street level.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Tools, home repair supplies, gardening supplies, keys
- Services: Gift certificates, Repair
- Return policy: Items can be exchanged within 30 days with receipt.
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: On-street: free
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: This place really has a small-town feel. I know at least 150 customers by name and a lot of them come in with their dogs.
- Keys made: Yes
- What's an important safety tip to keep in mind when working?: Know where your power lines are and don't dig without checking.