France 44 Wine & Spirits
Family owned for three generations, France 44 Wine & Spirits celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2009. What started as a simple liquor store has expanded to an impressive array of alcoholic beverages, mixers and accessories. Specializing in wine, France 44 has 4500 wines from 17 countries. Its staff is adept at asking questions and listening to understand their customer's tastes and can help customers feel comfortable choosing between an Argyle Pinot Noir and a Beckmen Syrah. For those who want to learn more, France 44 also offers tastings, classes and wine clubs.
The beer experts on staff are happy to help customers choose from the large beer selection, from local favorites like Summit EPA to kegs of craft beer like Bells Two Hearted. For those who like hard alcohol, France 44 has an impressive selection of spirits as well. From single malt scotch, limoncello, to Grey Goose, France 44 has excellent variety.
The well-lit, spacious store is a pleasant departure from a more typical liquor store environment.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 9am - 9pm; Fri, Sat, 9am - 10pm
- Handicap Accessible: There is a ramp on the corner of France and 44th Street.
- Founding Date: Founded in 1959, the store has been in its present location since 1974.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Wine, beer, cider, kegs, spirits, cigars, gift baskets, mixers, bar accessories
- Food & dining options: Natural, Organic, Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Prepared foods
- Menu link: www.france44.com/catering/
- Specialties: Wine, organic and local wines and spirits, craft beers,
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Tastings: Yes
- Ice: Yes
- Kegs: Yes
- Beer Types: Cask, Craft, Domestic, Imported, Microbrew