Cathay Chow Mein is a small, modest Chinese restaurant offering only take-out food at reasonable prices. During lunch hours, the restaurant fills quickly with professionals on their breaks grabbing some Chow Mein or Sesame Chicken before heading back to work. All orders are cooked fresh, so customers can decide to hold the MSG or salt.
- Hours: Tue - Sun, 11am - 8pm; Mon, closed.
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is level with the street.
- Founding Date: 1945
- Payments accepted: MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Food & dining options: Sugar-free, Vegetarian
- General services: Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: cathaychowmein.biz/menu.html
- Specialties: Chow mein, egg fu young, fried rice
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: "It's not just Chinese people that come in here," says owner Hugo Chow. "We have white, Mexican, all sorts of customers that come in. It's very diverse."
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Number of tables: 0
- Features: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch