This very small park is situated across the street from Lake Harriet. It has tennis courts at the bottom of the hill, next to the paid parking lot. A picnic pavilion and old playground rest at the secluded top of the hill. The park serves as a layover for bikers and runners using the trail next to the lake.
- Hours: Daily, 6am - 10pm
- Founding Date: 1884
- Parking: Paid lot
- Are there any interesting facts about this location?: Named in honor of Henry Beard, who donated a substantial amount of city park land, it is one of the oldest parks in the city. Its name is derived from the French word "plaisance," which means pleasure.
- Features: Athletic fields, Grills, Picnic pavilions, Picnic tables, Playgrounds