Barton Open School
Barton is located in the East Harriet neighborhood of Southwest Minneapolis, just blocks away from Lake Harriet. The magnet school's goal is to create social learners who develop critical thinking skills, while placing an emphasis on the arts. It also provides many of the extracurricular activities of non-magnet schools, including sports and language programs.
- Fax: 612-668-3590
- Hours: School hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 2:00pm
- Number of students: 754
- Public/Private: Public
- How engaged is the school with the community?: From inviting Wild Rumpus bookstore to organize a student book fair to organizing activities for the families of Somali-American students attending the school, Barton is a cornerstone of the community.
- Grade levels: K - 8
- Extracurricular activities available: Band, orchestra, student council, environmental programs, theater
- Sports teams: Swimming, basketball, volleyball, baseball, softball
- Student clubs: Art, chess, dance, debate, drama, yearbook, jazz band