Anthony Middle School
Located near the green expanse of Kenny Park in Southwest Minneapolis, this middle school has sought to provide students with a strong, comprehensive education since 1958. It offers perks like accelerated courses and a strong music music and performance program. Anthony is currently in the application process to become an International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme, which emphasizes international perspectives and critical thinking.
- Fax: 612-668-3250
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9:30am - 4pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Founding Date: 1958
- Number of students: 600
- Public/Private: Public
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Anthony gives parents many opportunities to help the school, including participation in PTA, volunteer opportunities and fundraising.
- What makes this community special?: The school is named in honor of women's suffrage leader Susan B. Anthony.
- Grade levels: 6 - 8
- Uniforms: No
- Extracurricular activities available: Choir, band, jazz band, orchestra, musicals, school newspaper, Science Fair
- Sports teams: Football, volleyball, boys and girls basketball, softball, baseball
- Student clubs: Art Club, Chess Club, Double Dutch/Rope Power, Drama, Entrepreneur Club, Math Masters/Math Counts, Yearbook, Youth of Minneapolis After School Program (Y-MAP)