Halloween Candy and Pets Don't Mix!

Halloween is around the corner. Please keep those tasty treats out of reach, as chocolate can be toxic to dogs.

Halloween is coming soon, and remember how much dogs love to tear open those bags of M&M's. Chocolate is toxic to dogs, and high doses can be lethal. The active ingredient is theobromine, and depending on the amount and type of chocolate consumed, clinical signs ranging from mild stomach upset, to severe vomiting and diarrhea, thirst, panting, tremors and seizures, can be seen. If ingestion is witnessed, call you friends at Westgate Pet Clinic. Based on the information you give them, they will calculate whether the ingested dose was toxic to your pet. Vomiting is promptly induced, and other treatments are often necessary, but as usual, prevention is the best cure.

This post is contributed by a community member. The views expressed in this blog are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Patch Media Corporation. Everyone is welcome to submit a post to Patch. If you'd like to post a blog, go here to get started.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »