Experience our city the way it was meant to be as we transform one of our busiest streets to be free of motorized traffic and clear for people to walk, bike, skate, Zumba, have a picnic…whatever floats your boat! Historically, the street has been the center of social activity – where people shopped, gathered, built relationships and talked about their world. For one day Open Streets brings this back, promoting healthy living, local businesses, sustainable transportation and civic pride.
- A bike rodeo and a blessing of the bikes at Bethlehem Lutheran Church from 12:30 onwards
- A kids' obstacle course at 40th and Lyndale
- Food from the East Harriet Farmstead Neighborhood Association at 36th and Lyndale
- Latin food and a flamenco show on El Meson's patio
- Music at 34th street and square dancing at 31st street
- And much more! A full list is available here.
So get out there, be active, meet new friends, support local business and enjoy your neighborhood at this year’s Open Streets Minneapolis!