By Wendy Erlien
If you make it an annual event to check out the Parade of Homes throughout the Twin Cites, here are 10 things to know before heading out:
- Parade of Homes models are open noon to 6 p.m., Thursdays through Sundays starting Sept. 7 until Sept. 29, 2013.
- This fall, 324 new homes will be open during the event presented by the Builders Association of the Twin Cities(BATC).
- Guidebooks are available at Twin Cities Holiday Stations and include features on the homes plus special events and design trends.
- All model homes are free to tour with the exception of three dream homes that request a $5 donation to support the BATC Foundation.
- The three dream homes are located in Wayzata ($1.994 million), Chaska ($1.87 million) and Afton ($2.18 million).
- Price ranges of homes on the tour vary, from a $179,000 home in Big Lake to a $2.18 million home in Afton.
- Homes are located across the Twin Cities area, with the majority in Plymouth (23), Woodbury and Blaine (22), Lakeville (19) and Maple Grove (16) and Edina (10).
- You can plan your Parade of Homes trip online atwww.ParadeofHomes.org or a mobile-friendly site m.ParadeofHomes.org.
- The Parade of Homes also features a Green Path Energy Efficient Home Tour in partnership with Xcel Energy of about 140 homes.
- The Parade of Homes Remodelers Showcase opens Sept. 27-29. Tour 88 remodeled homes from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 27 and from noon to 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 28 and Sunday, 29.