Minneapolis police are investigating five robberies that targeted Hispanic victims between Dec. 20 and Dec. 23.
The robberies all took place within an area bounded by Franklin Avenue to the north, 38th Street to the south, Clinton Avenue to the east and Nicollet Avenue to the west:
- 7:40 p.m. Dec. 20 at First Avenue South and 28th Street East: A black man between 18 and 40 years old forcibly took a Hispanic woman’s purse while she was walking.
- 8:10 p.m. Dec. 20 at 38th and Nicollet Avenue: A black man between 20 and 30 years old robbed a Hispanic man in a parking lot. There were no weapons involved.
- 2:30 a.m. Dec. 21 at Franklin Avenue East and Clinton Avenue South: Two black men between 18 and 40 years old approached a Hispanic man while he was walking. They punched him and took his backpack.
- 2 a.m. Dec. 22 on the 2700 block of Nicollet Avenue: Two black men between 25 and 30 years old approached a Hispanic man and displayed a knife. They took his wallet and cell phone. There were no injuries.
- 12:38 a.m. Dec. 23 at First Avenue South and 33rd Street East: A black man between 23 and 25 years old displayed a handgun to a Hispanic man who was exiting a city bus. The suspect fled the area before taking anything from the victim.
Minneapolis police report that there was a pattern of robberies involving Hispanic victims between Dec. 17 and Dec. 23. Anyone with information on the incidents should visit http://www.minneapolismn.gov/news/WCMS1P-116069 to find out how to provide anonymous tips to the Police Department.