By Wendy Erlien
In addition to the law enforcement services it provides throughout the county, the HCSO provides primary patrol services for the communities of Hassan Township, Greenfield, Medicine Lake and Fort Snelling, as well as the Hennepin County portions of Hanover and Rockford. The report was provided by the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office. Not all incidents are included in the summary.Dayton
- On Aug. 27, deputies responded to an address in the 13800 block of Xanthus Lane North to assist Dayton Police with a house fire. Deputies assisted the fire departments with putting the fire out and assisted with scene control. No other action was needed.
- On Aug. 26, deputies responded to the area of County Road 50 and Vernon Street for a damage to property report. The reporting party reported it appeared that a vehicle entered the cornfield damaging the field. No suspect(s) at this time.
- On Aug. 26, deputies responded to the Lake Sarah boat access on a report of a theft report. The victim reported he parked his vehicle at the access to go fishing. Upon arrival, he noticed the vehicle window was broken out. The victim estimated the cost of the window to be approximately $1,000. No suspects at this time. A Hennepin County Sheriff’s Detective is investigating this incident.
- On Aug. 26, deputies responded to an address in the 6440 block of Woodland Trail for a damage to property report.The victim reported damage to his cornfield. Values on the damaged corns were estimated at $500.
- On Aug. 27, deputies responded to an address in the 4000 block of 71st Avenue North for a theft report. The 60-year old victim reported some items were stolen from his vehicle. No apparent evidence was left at the scene. A total value of cash and items taken was estimated at $50. A Hennepin County Sheriff’s Detective is investigating this incident.
- On Aug. 30, deputies responded to the area of County Road 50 and Pioneer Trail for a traffic complaint. A 19-year old female reported while driving on the road, the driver of another vehicle swerved at her causing her to drive onto the shoulder to avoid a collision. The other driver was identified by the reporting party as her ex-boyfriend. The deputy made contact with the suspect and advised him to stay away from the reporting party. No other action was needed.
- On Sept. 1, deputies responded to an address in the 7800 block of Woodland Trail for a trespass report. A 55-year old male reported neighbor kids were racing dirt bikes in the area and were on his property. The deputy searched the area but was unable to locate any trespassers. No other action taken.
- On Sept. 1, deputies responded to an address in the 8700 block of Greenfield Road for a residential alarm. Deputies made contact with two adults on the property and contacted the owner of the residence who confirmed the two adults were allowed on the property. No other action was needed.