Updated 10:59 a.m. 11/15/12: This story has been corrected from its original version to not that there is not a candlelight holiday event at 50th and Bryant the evening of Nov. 15. We apologize for the confusion.
Looking to shop local and still snag some holiday deals? It turns out, you won't even have to wait for Black Friday or Small Business Saturday. This weekend, scores of Southwest Minneapolis stores are holding holiday shopping events.
If you have everything you need, take a look around for something to contribute to Walker Methodist Health Center's "Give a Little Gift" program. The program works to ensure that each resident of the center gets a personalized gift during December.
Larue's Open House
- When: Nov. 16-18
- Where: Larue's, 40th and Lyndale
- What's there: Bring a non-perishable food shelf item and you get to roll the dice (literally) for a discount on some of the East Harriet store's eclectic clothing and gifts.
48th and Grand Sip and Shop
- When: Nov. 16, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Where: The shops at 48th and Grand, across from Fuller Park
- What's there: From Terra-cotta Floral, to the Tangletown Bike Shop, to vegan boutique Ethique Nouveau, to consignment-style gifts and clothing from A Little Bird on Grand, there's something for everyone as you stroll and enjoy light refreshments. New mothers' group Bump Club and Beyond will also be there.
Holiday Shop and Stroll at 50th and Xerxes
- When: Nov. 16-18
- Where: The shops at 50th and Xerxes
- What's There: Antique and consignment shops like Hunt and Gather, art and gifts at Gallery 360, and consignment shops like The Vintage Studio. Enjoy food and drink while browsing 20 percent off deals at 10 different shops.
Kingfield Farmers Markets Holiday Market
- When: Nov. 18, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Where: MLK Park Rec Center, 40th and Nicollet
- What's there: Over 30 local vendors selling crafts, gifts, food, and fun.
Linden Hills Farmers Market Thanksgiving Market
- When: Nov. 17, 2 p.m.. to 4 p.m.
- Where: The parking lot next to Settergren's of Linden Hillls, 43rd and Upton
- What's there: Kimchi, fresh-baked bread, Northern Lakes Wild Rice, Body Bliss, Larkin Candles, and several farmers.
SooLocal's Grand Opening
- When: Nov 17
- Where: SooLocal pop-up shop, 35th and Nicollet
- What's there: Art, both big and gift-sized. A temporary project of Uptown's SooVAC gallery.
Many Southwest Minneapolis stores are planning more special holiday shopping events in December.