"For achieving a sublime crust and having scrupulous sourcing habits and pretty flawless technique, this author puts Big River Pizza into the top five pizzas in the metro," they wrote. "That’s right, , Black Sheep, Nea, and Punch, you have mobile company."
It's an honor that would only surprise those who haven't tried owner/chef Steve Lott's creations. One secret, Lott told Patch several weekends ago when we first met, is in the oven. Lott took a fancy, kiln-like wood fired oven—the kind that would normally grace the dining room of a restaurant—and mounted it on a trailer towed by his van.
That, and all the delicious, local ingredients he uses to whip up delicious, creative pies.
What else can you find at the ?
- Sweet corn
- Broccoli and kale
- Cherry and regular tomatoes
- Onions and heirloom garlic
- Early apples
- Bicycle repair and bluegrass music
What will you find at the ?
- Veggie painting with local Realtor Erik Brown
- Raffle for a $1,400 Civia Cycles "Kingfield" bicycle
- Folk and roots music (and a musical saw!) from the Roe Family Singers
- Hot and bell peppers
- Sweet corn
- Broccoli and cauliflower
- Summer squash
- Green, wax, and dragon tongue beans.
What about the ?
- Salad mixes
- Carrots and beets
- Fresh herbs
- Kale, Swiss chard, collards, cabbage, and broccoli
- Green beans
- Zucchini and cucumbers
- Oyster mushroms
- Sweet Corn
- Heirloom Garlic
- Hakurei Salad Turnips
- Dwarf Sugar Pea Shoots, Nutty Sunflower Shoots, and other micro greens
- Walla Walla Sweet Onions