All along 38th Street, with celebrations focused at Grand, Nicollet, and Chicago Avenues!
Recently added to the 38th & Grand activity line-up:
- Twin Cities Scottish Dance Academy at 11 AM
- Aalim School of Dance featuring Belly Dancing at 11:30 AM
- Eight Gates Tai Chi at noon
- Golden Leopard Kung Fu classes and demonstrations from 12:30-2 PM
- Guitarist and vocalist, Andrew Young at 1 PM (in the Digs Studio Lot)
- Flutist Duets by Marybeth Luing, freelance flutist and flute instructor at CFPA and Jennifer Wandersee at 1:30
- Plus hands-on bodywork in Hands-on 'Foam Rolling' with Marianna Padilla and Healing Touch sessions by Greg Heaton-Hill
Plus all the great things we already told you about like hands-on papermaking by Alleyway Arts, Kiddos Create Art Fair at Digs Studio, Mini Home Design Consults by Cy Winship Design & Your Style reDesigned, organic produce at Petersen Flowers, ice-cream and sno-cones from Grand Café, handmade totes and 2nd-hand jewelry at Peter Pan Cleaners, Community Conversations with Tracine regarding Our Vote Our Future and related ballot initiative 'bling', as well as discounts at Sugar Sugar for anyone that says "38 Rocks!" at checkout!
Remember Victor's 1959 Cafe patio will be open for happy hour from 2:30-4:30, for those who want to grab a seat and a tropical mimosa after all the fun and games. Victor's will be serving beverage only so feel free to bring a snack with you!
Artists will be accepting donations for their time and entertainment, as well as KFNA will be accepting donation for the new playground coming to Martin Luther King Park in 2013; fill your pockets with change to toss into the proverbial guitar cases of our community!
Recently added to the 38th & Nicollet activity line-up:
- Doorprizes donated by local businesses will raise money for the new playground coming to MLK Park in 2013! Prizes include:
- $100 gift certificate from BANGbang,
- $50 gift card from Nicollet Ace Hardware,
- $50 from Quality Coaches,
- High Moon Yoga packages,
- Gift card from Blackbird Café
- HOURCAR will answer your questions about their car-sharing service at the 38th & Nicollet Hub and offer HOURCAR bling!
- Chair massages provided by Julie Mueller of Mueller Orthopedic and Medical Massage Craniosacral Therapy
- 50% off furniture sale at Salvation Army
- Sidewalk sale of cool stuff at Urban Outlet
- Fresh baked cookies at The Aliveness Project
- Cold Press Coffee & Volunteer Sign-up to help Butter move to their new digs next week by Butter Bakery Cafe
Plus all the really great things you already know about like temporary tattoos and face painting by Twin Cities Tattoo, hotdogs grilled streetside and lots of loud festive music including bagpiping and accordion playing courtesy of Nicollet Ace Hardware, a duckpond with prizes for the little ones by Blackbird, bbq ribs by Finer Meats, Nicollet Pothole and Creme Fraiche Curry Crunch ice-cream provided by The Lander Group, an MG car display at Quality Coaches, bouncy houses provided by Mulroy's Body Shop, slushies at Best Foods, dress-up photo shoots by Southwest Minneapolis Patch, and more! Also be sure to ride your bike there so you can take advantage of the bicycle Check-ups by Recovery Bike and bike-related bling from Bike Walk Move!
Be sure to come early because Innercity Tennis' Kidspeed activity stations can only be open until 1 PM, since they have to mosey down the street to start their free Saturday drop-in program at Reed Sweatt Tennis Center in Martin Luther King Park later that afternoon!
This festival is organized by the Kingfield Neighborhood Association as a way to highlight the diversity and talent in our community, build connections between neighbors and local businesses, and unite our neighborhoods east to west! If you have questions or want to join in on the fun, please contact KFNA Executive Director, Sarah Linnes-Robinson at email@example.com.