If you're like many Americans, you decided that this was the year you'd get fit. Starting the day or weekend after New Year's, maybe you started jogging or bicycling, or maybe you just browsed online for exercise equipment.
But, one week after the New Year, how are you doing on your resolution? Did this weekend's nippy weather turn you off? Or maybe the cost of buying your own eliptical machine gave you pause?
If you're looking for a more structured way to meet your personal goals, try looking right around the corner. There are more than a half- dozen gyms and fitness studios all over Southwest Minneapolis. Their comfortable, snow-free confines might be what you're trying to find.
- Centerspace Pilates Studio, 3302 W 44th St
- Curves, 3801 W 50th St
- The Fixx Workout Studio, 5004 Xerxes Ave South
- Snap Fitness, 5409 Nicollet Ave
- Lynlake Fitness, 4804 Nicollet Ave
- Anytime Fitness Minneapolis, 5309 Lyndale Ave S
- Time Out Pilates and Fitness Studio, 6001 Lyndale Ave S
- Tangletown CrossFit, 4632 Nicollet Ave
Even if the gym doesn't appeal to you, Lake Calhoun is—rather conviniently—just over 3 miles, or 5 kilometers around.