The United States Marine Corps Reserve wants you. Specifically, they want you to donate new, unwrapped , neatly bagged toys to the Toys for Tots program this holiday season.
The toys will be handed out to children in need during the holiday period. Toys for Tots was started in Los Angeles in 1947 by Marine Corps reservist Maj. William L. Hendricks when his wife wanted to donate a homemade Raggedy Ann doll, but couldn’t find an organization.
The following businesses and organizations in Southwest Minneapolis are gathering Toys for Tots donations until Dec. 19 this year:
- Cub Foods (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Walgreens (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Saturday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Sunday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Borton Overseas (Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM )
- Ramsey Middle School (Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Lehman's Garage (Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
- Twin Town Guitars (Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Sunday, 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Salon La Terre (Monday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Tuesday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Southwest KinderCare (Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.)
- HUGE Theater (Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. o 9:30 p.m.)
- The Bibelot Shop (Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
You can find more drop-off locations in Minneapoli on the Toys for Tots website.