Updated 12:41 p.m. 2/29/11: Minneapolis Public Schools just issued the following announcement:
(A)ll after-school activities, including Community Education youth enrichment classes and Area Learning Center (ALC) after-school activities for the day due to road conditions.
While the National Weather Service reduced its winter storm warning Tuesday to a winter storm advisory for most of metro area, Southwest Minneapolis residents obviously aren't yet out of the winter storm woods. Expect area precipitation to alternate between freezing rain and a wintry mix Wednesday morning, with one to three inches of snow likely accumulating throughout the day. The weather service also predicts ice may build up on power lines and trees.
Here are a few tips to help you navigate this Leap Day storm over the next 36 hours.
- Traffic: Trying to determine the best route to work or school? Check out our live traffic reports here.
- School Closings: Is school even open? KARE 11 has assembled a handy tracker of which districts have closed or are predicting delays. When we went to press, Minneapolis schools were not on the list.
- Flights: Wondering if a flight is delayed or cancelled? Get information on flight and airport status at the Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport (MSP) or go to iFly.com.
- Parking: With snowfall totals looking like they'll stay small, parking likely won't become an issue.
- Power Outages: Lost power at home? Xcel Energy has a map of outages, and when each one is likely to be repaired.