Are you looking for an outdoor activity now that fall has arrived? Several local spots offer a choice to pick your own apples or chose from some prepicked produce. Many of the locations below have additional activities available in addition to apple orchards. Do you have a favorite orchard? Tell us about it in the comments section!
If you’re looking for a full day of fun, Apple Jack Orchard in Delano is a good spot. This family owned orchard, which opened in 1983, has oodles of activities for kids of all ages. Wagon rides, corn maze, petting zoo and a gift shop are just a few of the unique things customers will find.
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. everyday
- Address: 4875 37th Street SE, Delano.
- Directions: Take Highway 55 west through Rockford, turn left on Wright County Road. (Signs are posted along the way)
- Contact: 763-972-6673
Honey Crisp, Haralson and Honey Gold are just a few of the apple varieties available at Knapton’s in Greenfield. You can pick your own or decide on prepicked varieties. In addition to apples, raspberries, strawberries and other are available in the fall as well.
- Hours: Call for hours 763-479-1184
- Address: 5775 State Highway 55, Greenfield
- Directions: Located on the south side of Highway 55, 11.5 miles west of I-494 in western Hennepin County at the intersection of Lake Sarah Heights Drive.
- Contact: 763-479-1184
You can pick your own apples at Minnetonka Orchards, the type of apples available depend on the weekend. “Even if there is no u-pick open on a specific day or weekend you will still be able to purchase apples in the retail barn,” according to Minnetonka Orchards website. Other events available, according to the website, at the include hayrides, barn shopping, hay mountain, Owen’s barnyard, corn maze and more.
- Hours: Call for hours
- Address: 6530 County Road 26, Minnetrista
- Contact: 763-479-6530
Pies, crisp and 28 varieties of apples are available at Deer lake Orchard in Buffalo that you can pick and purchase. Make sure to call ahead for apple availability. Other family-friendly activities include wagon rides ($3 per rider), corn maze, kids play area and more.
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday; 12-6 p.m. Sunday
- Address: 1903 10th St SW, Buffalo
- Contact: 763-682-4284