Ladies' Night Out—Shopping for Scholarships, a fundraiser for the SFM Foundation, is coming up from 6 -9 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 7, at the Hilton hotel in Bloomington. The event will feature more than 40 vendors selling a variety of unique items including jewelry, purses, housewares, clothing, gourmet foods and more. Here's why you should show up (and bring friends):
1. Find unique items that will make you, and your gifts, stand out. You'll find everything from fine olive oil, specialized cookware and artwork to jewelry and purses you can't find in stores. If you're curious, check out the full vendor list on the event website. You'll also find a number of unique silent auction items like a sightseeing cruise on the Minneapolis Queen, a gift package from the Mall of America, a classic retreat package from Spalon Montage and even tickets to Disney World.
2. Get your holiday shopping done in record time. There'll be something for everybody on your list at Ladies' Night Out. For the guys, check out Man Cave and silent auction items like a one-year Caribou Gun Club membership and shooting package. For kids, visit Usborne books. For the ladies on your list, choose from scrapbooking supplies, gourmet foods, four jewelry lines, cosmetics, clothing, homemade items and much more.
3. You deserve a break! During the hurried holiday season, it's rare to see shopping and relaxation go hand-in-hand. That's what makes Ladies' Night Out special. You'll be able to shop a little, enjoy a quick massage, shop a little more, have a mini-salon treatment or a drink, shop … you get the picture.
4. Complimentary appetizers, desserts and drink while you shop. Hors d'oeuvres, treats and a drink are included in your ticket price to keep you satisfied as you shop.
5. It's for a great cause. All ticket and silent auction proceeds, and a portion of some vendors' sales, will go toward scholarships for students whose parents were killed or seriously injured in workplace accidents. Hear firsthand about the impact these scholarships make in this video of past scholarship recipients.
We'd love to see you there! Here are all the details:
- When: 6-9 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 7
- Where: Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, 3900 American Blvd. W., Bloomington
- Cost: $20 in advance/$25 at the door. Click here to buy tickets. Includes one complimentary drink, appetizers and desserts.
- Cause: Proceeds benefit the SFM Foundation, which provides scholarships for students whose parents were killed or seriously injured in workplace accidents.