Local real estate brokerage, RE/MAX Results, hosted their 4th Annual City and Neighborhood Film Festival at the Riverview Theater in Minneapolis last Thursday, Nov. 14th. Filmmakers from all over the Twin Cities, gathered over 250 of their friends and family to view the top 15 finalists and to see who was going to be the recipient of a grand prize.
Over 40 short films were received this year with exceptional talent being represented across Minnesota from St. Cloud to Shafer to numerous neighborhoods within Minneapolis. The top four films, a People’s Choice award, and a special Budding Film Maker Award for the 12 and under category received trophies and cash prizes. The winners are as follows:
· 1st prize - $6,000 – Josh Chitwood and Morgan Jensen (North Minneapolis)
· 2nd prize - $4,000 – Kao Choua Vue (Roosevelt Townhomes, St. Paul)
· 3rd prize - $2,000 – Kevin Noonan (Dinkytown)
· 4th prize - $1,000 – Sean Voysey (Apple Valley)
· People’s Choice - $1,000 – Josh Chitwood and Morgan Jensen (North Minneapolis)
· Budding Film Maker Award – Rylan Hefner and Noah Raaum (Minneapolis)
· Budding Film Maker Award – Sophia Morrissette (Linden Hills)
Five $2,000 scholarships were also awarded to film students from Minneapolis Community and Technical College and St. Cloud State University.
· Elana Lury (MCTC)
· Nathan Kinto (MCTC)
· Tina Fahnbulleh (MCTC)
· Glenn Sykes (MCTC)
· Kyle Ensrude (SCSU)
“The goal of the film festival was to combine our abilities in being very local in serving people’s real estate needs as well as bringing out local pride in areas in which people live,” said Marshall Saunders, Co-Broker/Owner of RE/MAX Results. “They love their neighborhood and we wanted to express that in a creative fashion.”
To view this year’s City and Neighborhood Film Festivals along with the rest of the top 15 finalists, please visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/remaxresults.