Top Five Reasons Not to Flee Police
A look at some of the stories about the ones that reportedly did not get away.
It's never a good idea to make an attempt at outrunning police. While some may get away with it, this isn't Hollywood.
Here are Patch's picks for the top five reasons you shouldn't flee a police officer. The following are from articles appearing on Patch sites in the west metro during 2012:
1) If you're on probation.
- Read the full story: Man Flees Police Because He Was 'Already in Trouble'.
2) If you have outstanding warrants.
- Read the full story: Man Hit Speeds Exceeding 120 mph During Police Chase
3) After firing guns in a high-population area—in broad daylight.
- Read the full story: Shooting Chase Ends in Minneapolis
4) If you have a criminal history that includes fleeing police.
- Read the full story: Man Charged With Fleeing Police
5) While driving a stolen car.
- Read the full story: Police Catch Suspected Car Thief After Chase