With its sudden closure Tuesday morning, Spanish- and Carribean-inspired restaurant El Meson left a large hole in the hearts of many local foodies. The restaurant had also been a popular spot for past Dining Out For Life events, and owner Erin Ungerman had organized a toy drive last winter to replace items a thief stole from a Golden Valley charity shortly before Christmas.
The closure will not impact Chef Hector Ruiz's restaurant project, Rincon 38.
See More on Patch
- Liquor Sales, Brewpub, Caribou Closing and WhirlyBall: West Metro Business Roundup
- 'Kind of a Bummer': Tangletown Caribou's Staff and Customers Lament Closure
- Minneapolis Wine-Bar Rules: Too Much Regulation?
- Coach Out, Job Cuts and Heated Argument: Pick of Our Patches
- Long Wait for Kingfield Tapas Bar Finally Ends
Most Popular articles
- Police: Five Attempted Luring Incidents in Southwest Minneapolis
- Superintendent Names New Principals at Five Schools
- National Weather Service Issues Tornado Watch for Southwest Minneapolis
- Crime Maps: Thefts From Vehicles, Aggravated Assault & Burglary
- Multi-City Pursuit and Warning About Man Wearing Clown Suit: West Metro Police, Fire and Court Report