We all probably have e-waste in our homes. Old desktop computer keyboards gathering dust in clostets. Obsolete VCRs cluttering up the TV stand. Cellphones so old they could be used for building materials.
Thanks to the Minneapolis Police Activities League, you have a chance to get rid of it all.
Next Saturday, Jan. 26, bring your e-waste to the Minneapolis Police Department's Training Unit at 4119 Dupont Ave North, where the League will responsibly recycle it in cooperation with local nonprofit TechDump. The event will accept:
- DVD and VCR Players
- Cell Phones and PDAs
- Computers, Laptops and Accessories
- Fax Machines and Printers
- Stereo Equipment and Speakers
- Game Consoles and Accessories
- Flat Panel TV’s/Monitors
- Cathode ray tube computer monitors and TVs smaller than 25 inches
Kitchen appliances will not be accepted.