The crosstown highway project may have massively improved the state of Highway 62, but that doesn't mean there's more work to be done on the parts that didn't get rebuilt. This weekend, the Minnesota Department of Transportation is closing the westbound lanes of Highway 62 from Penn Avenue in Minneapolis through Tracey Avenue in Edina, on the west side of Highway 100.
MnDOT suggests motorists detour along southbound Interstate 35W to westbound Interstate 494, to northbound Highway 212 to Highway 62 (see map).
The construction should be done by 5:00 a.m. on Monday, and expect the eastbound stretch of highway to close sometime in July for resurfacing.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Police: Five Attempted Luring Incidents in Southwest Minneapolis
- National Weather Service Issues Tornado Watch for Southwest Minneapolis
- Multi-City Pursuit and Warning About Man Wearing Clown Suit: West Metro Police, Fire and Court Report
- Multi-City Police Pursuit of Burglary Suspects Ends in Southwest Minneapolis
- Grand Opening for Linden Hills Boutique Lily and Violet Through May 19, 2013