Farmers Market Pizza Named To Top 5 In Cities
Find out which market has this famous pizza, plus what's on sale this weekend.
"For achieving a sublime crust and having scrupulous sourcing habits and pretty flawless technique, this author puts Big River Pizza into the top five pizzas in the metro," they wrote. "That’s right, Lola, Black Sheep, Nea, and Punch, you have mobile company."
It's an honor that would only surprise those who haven't tried owner/chef Steve Lott's creations. One secret, Lott told Patch several weekends ago when we first met, is in the oven. Lott took a fancy, kiln-like wood fired oven—the kind that would normally grace the dining room of a restaurant—and mounted it on a trailer towed by his van.
That, and all the delicious, local ingredients he uses to whip up delicious, creative pies.
What else can you find at the Fulton market this weekend?
- Sweet corn
- Broccoli and kale
- Cherry and regular tomatoes
- Onions and heirloom garlic
- Early apples
- Bicycle repair and bluegrass music
What will you find at the Kingfield Farmers Market?
- Veggie painting with local Realtor Erik Brown
- Raffle for a $1,400 Civia Cycles "Kingfield" bicycle
- Folk and roots music (and a musical saw!) from the Roe Family Singers
- Hot and bell peppers
- Sweet corn
- Broccoli and cauliflower
- Summer squash
- Green, wax, and dragon tongue beans.
What about the Linden Hills Farmers Market?
- Salad mixes
- Carrots and beets
- Fresh herbs
- Kale, Swiss chard, collards, cabbage, and broccoli
- Green beans
- Zucchini and cucumbers
- Oyster mushroms
- Sweet Corn
- Heirloom Garlic
- Hakurei Salad Turnips
- Dwarf Sugar Pea Shoots, Nutty Sunflower Shoots, and other micro greens
- Walla Walla Sweet Onions